1About the Translators / Interpreters
- The translators / interpreters have over 6 years of work experience.
- The translators / interpreters are qualified, registered and certified by the various chamber of commerce.
2Process of translation followed
- The translation is done manually.
- Content is translated from the base language to the target language.
- The translated content is proof read by an independent translator.
- Desktop publishing.
- Translation is delivered in the format as agreed with the client.
- At efmands, although 95% of the initial translation work is done by outside freelance personnel (so that we’re able to perfectly match a linguist with a document’s language pair AND subject matter), all material comes back through our office to undergo our multistage QC process.
- This QC process includes multiple levels of editing and proofreading.
- For interpreting assignments, our in-house staff remains involved every step of the way, keeping both interpreter and client informed and remaining available to take care of any last-minute issues or problems
- Machine translation, or translation software, refers to software that takes a source text and “converts” it into another language. This process remains highly suspect as language is a complex human function that cannot be reduced
5Confidentiality of client work
- At efmands, we have our translators and interpreters sign a work order for each and every project with which they’re involved that includes a confidentiality clause for that project.
- Furthermore, we’re always happy to sign client-provided confidentiality or nondisclosure agreements.
6Turn around time
- Depends on the language.
- Base language to target language translation.